Thor Helical - Timber Frame Wall Ties
CE marked, type 6 retrofit wall tie system for brick-clad, timber framed buildings up to 4 stories high.
Used for wall tie replacement in timber framed buildings of up to 4 stories high, retrofit timber frame wall ties are stainless steel, helical wall ties with a nominal diameter of 5mm and a cross sectional area of just 6.25mm2.
Timber framed buildings are often constructed with insufficient or poorly installed wall ties that corrode over time or that simply pull out of the timber during movement. Helical timber frame ties corkscrew into the timber and are flexible to accommodate differential movement between the timber frame and the brick façade.
Thor Helical retrofit helical wall ties offer a simple and effective solution where insufficient or incorrectly installed wall ties have been used during construction.
The leading end of the tie self-taps 35-45mm into the uprights of the timber frame whilst the deep trough of the continuous helix provides an excellent key for resin fixing the other end into the masonry.
- Suitable for wide cavities – up to 150mm
- Copes with 24mm differential movement even in narrow cavities (60mm)
- The most flexible helical wall tie on the market with a cross sectional area of just 6.25mm2
- Patented precise pitch engineering delivers a helix consistency with unrivalled performance
- Meet the requirements for a Type 6 tie for cavity widths ranging from 60mm up to 150mm
- Can be installed into bed joints in new build applications
Ties conform to BS EN 845-1: 2013 and conditions for CE marking for use in timber frame construction.
The 5mm ø retrofit timber frame wall ties are manufactured from AISI304 Austenitic Stainless Steel. They are available in standard lengths of:
- 205mm ties – 60-80mm cavity
- 230mm ties – 85-105mm cavity
- 255mm ties – 110-130mm cavity
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF THOR HELICAL TIMBER TIES
- 0.2% Proof Stress
- Ultimate Tensile Strength *
- Mean Tensile Capacity **
* Ultimate Tensile Strength is measured within a calibrated tolerance of +/- 2%
** Mean Tensile Capacity derived from CSA x Mean UTS
PERFORMANCE LOADS 60-150mm cavity (from CE Mark Testing)
- BS 5268-6.1
- Type 6 Tie
*Loads taken at 24mm differential movement to reflect timber shrinkage