HelicalFix long helical bars are used to form load bearing brick beams to strengthen and stabilise damaged masonry structures.
Using thixotropic, cementitious grout, the high tensile, stainless steel brick reinforcement helical bars are concealed within slots cut into mortar beds at predetermined levels to form deep masonry beams that span areas of poor support.
The retrofitted masonry beams are particularly effective at carrying and redistributing vertical loads over areas of localised foundation movement and over failed lintels.
- Available in lengths up to 10m and in diameters of 6, 8 and 10mm
- Standard 6mm x 10m bars are available from our webshop. Please call for alternative sizes.
- Conform to BS EN 845-1: 2013 and A1: 2017 for CE Marking for strapping masonry together
- High tensile strength of 994 MPa
- Redistribute vertical loads
- Deliver high tensile reinforcement with unique torsional elastic yield characteristics
- Minimal cost and disruption to install
- Can increase flexural capacity of walls
HelicalFix bars are available in AISI304 grade Austenitic Stainless Steel. AISI316 stainless bars are available on special request. The helical bars are supplied in the following standard size:
- Lengths: 10.0m
- Diameter: 6mm
Technical Characteristics - 6mm 304 Grade
- Diameter (mm)
- Length (mm)
- Cross Sectional Area (mm²)
- Pitch (mm)
- Ultimate Tensile Load (KN)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength (Mpa)
- Elongation (%)
- Yield Point Load (KN)
- Yield Point Strength (Mpa)
- Young's Modulus (Gpa)
- Ultimate Shear Load (KN)
- Ultimate Shear Strength (Mpa)
- Mass (Kg/m)