Thor Helical Crack Stitching Kit comprises of 10 x 6mm x 1mm high-tensile stainless steel helical crack stitching bars, cementitious helical bar encapsulation grout, mixing paddle, grout applicator and finger trowel.
Thor Helical Crack Stitching Kits contain the materials needed for reconnecting and repairing cracks in brick, block and stone walls.
- 10 x 6mm x 1m High tensile, austenitic stainless steel helical crack stitching bars
- 3L WHO-60 cementitious masonry repair grout – Specially formulated for encapsulating helical bar and bonding it to masonry.
- Mixing paddle
- Grout-Master applicator
- Finger Trowel
For making good you you might want to consider our Kalx® Coloured Pointing Mortar – A lime-based pointing mortar in a wide choice of colours and grades to match existing mortar joints.
A series of helical bars are inserted into slots cut into the bed joints and extend 500mm either side of the crack at 450mm centres. The bars stitch the masonry either side of the crack back together and are bonded into the wall using WHO-60, a polymer modified, thixotropic, cementitious injection grout that does not shrink. Due to the high fin profile and deep continuous deep trough helix the bar forms an excellent bond with the grout. The crack is also deeply filled with grout to restore its strength.
The bed joint can then be repointed with Kalx Coloured Pointing Mortar to provide an invisible repair if required.
A standard 10 bar crack stitching kit will repair a crack up to 4.5m long.
- Repair, stabilise and reinforce cracked brickwork
- Minimal cost and little disruption to install
- Redistributes loads
- Works with thixotropic, cementitious grout to enhance the tensile, shear and flexural capacity of masonry walls
- Provide resilience against further cracking
6mm 304 Grade Helical Crack Stitching Bars
- Diameter (mm)
- Length (mm)
- Cross Sectional Area (mm²)
- 0.2% Proof Stress (N/mm²)
- Ultimate Tensile Load (KN)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength (N/mm²)
- 1025 - 1225
- Mean Tensile Capacity (kN)