The HelicalFix Crack Stitching Kit is the only helical bar kit on the market that includes lime-based encapsulation grout. Simply select the colour and grade of grout required to match the existing mortar joints and provide an invisible repair to cracked walls.
Kit comprises of 10 x 6mm x 1mm high-tensile stainless steel helical crack stitching bars, 3L Kalx lime-based, colour-matched encapsulation grout, mixing paddle, grout applicator and finger trowel.
HelicalFix Helical Crack Stitching Kits contain the materials needed for reconnecting and repairing cracks in brick, block and stone walls.
- 10 x 6mm x 1m High tensile, austenitic stainless steel helical crack stitching bars
- 3L Kalx – lime-based, colour-matched encapsulation grout – Specially formulated for encapsulating helical bar and bonding it to masonry.
- Mixing paddle
- Grout-Master applicator
- Finger Trowel
A series of helical bars are inserted into slots cut into the bed joints and extend 500mm either side of the crack at 450mm centres. The bars stitch the masonry either side of the crack back together and are bonded into the wall using Kalx lime-based, colour-matched encapsulation grout that does not shrink. Due to the high fin profile and deep continuous deep trough helix the bar forms an excellent bond with the grout. The crack is also deeply filled with grout to restore its strength.
A standard 10 bar crack stitching kit will repair a crack up to 4.5m long.
- Repair, stabilise and reinforce cracked brickwork
- Minimal cost and little disruption to install
- Redistributes loads
- Works with Kalx Encapsulation Grout to enhance the tensile, shear and flexural capacity of masonry walls
- Provide resilience against further cracking
6mm 304 Grade Helical Crack Stitching Bars
- Diameter (mm)
- Length (mm)
- Cross Sectional Area (mm²)
- 0.2% Proof Stress (N/mm²)
- Ultimate Tensile Load (KN)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength (N/mm²)
- 1025 - 1225
- Mean Tensile Capacity (kN)